2024 FOX Risk Management Summit

Overview

Wednesday, Oct 09, 2024 - 09:00am
Thursday, Oct 10, 2024 - 04:00pm
rm

Non-Members please register using the button below:

REGISTER

Join us at the second annual virtual FOX Risk Management Summit!  

FREE for FOX Members – no event credits or registration fees required to attend the Risk Management Summit!

Region

Overview 

Join us at the second annual virtual FOX Risk Management Summit!  

Risk management is a crucial component to the success of family offices and the families they serve. Risk management spreads across many areas of the organization and the family members including governance, insurance, education, and at the forefront, security – cyber, personal, and physical. All types of risk needs will be addressed at this two-day event including security areas such as cybersecurity, physical security, property protection, personal security, travel, and reputational protection. Attendance at this two-day event will include direct contact with innovative firms and thought leaders offering solutions to these critical and ever-changing needs in the family office industry.  

Please stay tuned for a full event agenda to be announced the first week of October. 

About the Event  

• Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with peers facing the same challenges as you.   
    • Learn from leading experts within the risk management industry, and how areas of risk continue to evolve and integrate within the everyday life of wealth owners and the offices that serve them.   
    • View a combination of Thought Leadership Presentations, Panel Discussions, and Solution Demonstrations to get a thorough and current understanding of the many advancements available to optimize your office.  

FOX Risk Management Summit anticipated schedule:  

Wednesday, October 9 – Thursday, October 10, 2024, Virtually   

9:00 am – 4:00 pm CT, Daily  

Who Should Attend 

This public event is open to all FOX members, as well as non-members who are consumers or buy-side professionals of the cyber & security solutions being presented during the FOX Risk Management Summit.   

All organization types are allowed to attend including Family Offices, Family Wealth Owners, UHNW Wealth Management Firms, RIAs, MFOs, with the exception of competing organizations of the presenters. Non-Members must be registered for the program 24 hours prior to the day of programming they would like to attend.  

All registrations are subject to approval by FOX. 

If you are having trouble registering, contact us at events@familyoffice.com  

Pricing

Members

Non-Member
      Includes Video access Includes Video access through January 10, 2025
    Early Bird Rate (through Sept. 9) Included with FOX Membership $199

Regular Rate Included with FOX Membership $249

Please stay tuned for a full event agenda to be announced the first week of October. 

Testimonials

FOX Staff Hosts

Kent Lawson
    Chief Technology Officer

Kent Lawson is the Chief Technology Officer at Family Office Exchange (FOX). With 25 years of experience as a leader in the wealth management industry, and a deep focus in technology for the family office, Kent’s expertise in consulting, project management, analysis, and diligence around technology drives the FOX Technology Marketplace.

Prior to joining FOX, Kent had an established relationship with FOX as a market leader and as a member. Through his previous role with an enterprise family office and as a contributor to FOX forums, Kent brings over a decade of experience serving at the executive level within a single family office. His expertise in wealth management spans a variety of disciplines, including investment operations, technology, and compliance via working with RIAs, the SEC, and Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). He also served as a business analyst and consultant for Advent Software, as COO of a trust company, and other technology solution vendors. Kent also founded an outsource COO firm in the wealth management industry providing strategic leadership as a trusted advisor.

With a degree in Music Performance from Ball State University, Kent spent his early years performing as a jazz saxophonist and married another musician, which led him to his “day job” within the wealth industry as a part-time file clerk with an RIA. His background in creativity and thinking outside the box provided the foundation needed for designing innovative solutions in business process and technology making him perfectly suited for the family office industry.

About the event: 

How many vendors will I be able to see at the Risk Management Summit? 

We will announce the Risk Management Summit agenda in the first week of October where you will see the final number of providers. Please stay tuned to the website to see our Risk Management Providers as they are added to the program. 

I would like to participate in the Risk Management Summit as a vendor, who do I contact? 

Please email Kent Lawson, Director, Technology Integration Services at klawson@familyoffice.com.

Will you be offering CPE credits at the Risk Management Summit? 

CPE Credits will not be available at the event. 

Accessing the Program: 

Where is the Program and how do I access it? 

The program is taking place virtually and can be accessed via our portal. Information on accessing the portal will be emailed to you directly prior to the event. For access assistance please email events@familyoffice.com. You must be registered to access the event. 

How do I log in? 

To log in, you will need the email address you used to register for the event. Once you enter your first name, last name, and email address on the login screen, you will be sent a verification code to your email address. Once you enter your verification code, you will have access. 

Please note: once you have entered your email address in the event portal, it can take up to 10 minutes to receive your verification code. Your verification code will be sent from FOX Learning Programs events@familyoffice.com. 

If you need assistance, please reach out to us at events@familyoffice.com. 

Which technologies are you using? 

CVENT Attendee Hub is our Summit portal. 

Zoom facilitates video streaming. 

What device should I use? 

Some employers prevent access to external conference platforms from corporate VPN accounts. You may find it easiest to use a personal device to access this event. 

How do I access the sessions? 

To access Summit sessions, click on “All Sessions”, at the top on the day you wish to participate in, and then the session you plan to attend. Once inside the session – click the “Join Session” button.  

If you would like to attend a session other than the one you originally selected, visit the "All Sessions" tab. 

Attending the Program: 

What do I do now that I’ve logged in? 

We recommend: 

Completing your profile. 

Reviewing the “attendee” section and requesting to connect with other attendees. 

Taking some time to become familiar with the portal, and the “All Sessions” page, where you will access the sessions and demonstrations. 

When should I log in to attend the session? 

We recommend you log into the portal at least ten minutes prior to the session to ensure you have enough time to receive a verification code (if needed) and navigate to your session. 

Do I have to log in every time I visit the event? 

If you do not close your browser windows or log out of the program, you will not need to log in again. Otherwise, you will need to log in again. 

What is the time zone? 

All published times are in U.S. Central Time. 

Can other people see me, and if so – what is the dress code? 

FOX encourages attendees to turn their cameras on during sessions. There will be some instances when attendees will be visible to one another. Business casual attire is recommended. 

How can I change my visibility setting from hidden to visible or vice versa? 

Navigate to “edit your profile,” where you can change your visibility. 

My question isn’t here, how can I get additional help? 

Please email events@familyoffice.com and we’ll be delighted to assist you.